NIOS Admission Eligibility 2020
Before filling the NIOS admission form, all the learners or applicants are required to read the eligibility mentioned in the prospectus carefully. Only eligible candidates are advised to fill the application form.
Eligibility criteria for both secondary and higher secondary courses are as follows
1. Secondary: The minimum age to take admission in the Secondary Course is 14 years.
2. A learner who has passed class VIII and has valid proof of attaining 14 years of age can apply for registration to the Secondary Course.
3. A learner giving a self-certificate “I have studied enough to be able to pursue secondary course” is also eligible for admission to the Secondary Course.
4. A learner who had studied at the secondary level can also seek admission in NIOS either to complete his course or to improve his performance.
5. Sr. Secondary: The minimum age to take admission in the Senior Secondary Course is 15 years.
6.In order to take admission in the Senior Secondary course, the learner must have passed the Secondary course from a recognised Board.
For admission to the secondary course-
- The learner must be of 14 years of age as on 31st July 2020 for block I
- Candidates must be of 14 years as on 31st January 2019 for block II
- Candidates must have a class VIII certificate from a recognized Board as proof of minimum qualification.
Also Check: NIOS 10th Date Sheet 2020
For NIOS admission to the higher secondary course
- Candidates must be of 15 years of age as on 31st July 2019 for block I
- Candidates must be of 15 years as on 31st January 2019 for block II
- Applicants must have qualified class X from a recognized board and must have a secondary certificate.
Also Check: NIOS 12th Date Sheet 2020
Application/Registration Form 2020-21
- NIOS admission is totally based on online mode.
- Interested candidates can apply within the specified dates. Application portal will be closed after the last date.
- Applicants must go through the NIOS prospectus and all the instructions before application.
- Applicants must keep all the documents ready with them before filling the application form and they must refer the documents to fill the details so that they can avoid mistakes.
How to fill NIOS Application Form?
As an application for admissions can be made only through the online mode, candidates have to fill the form from the official website. In order to, provide assistance to the applicants in filling the application form, we have shared the complete procedure below.
NIOS Admission- Documents
- Recent Passport size color Photograph of the candidate.
- A valid identity proof (such as Aadhaar Card or Ration card or Passport etc.)
- Signature (preferably in Black Ink)
- Valid proof of Date of Birth (like Birth Certificate or Aadhaar Card with the date of birth printed on it in the dd/mm/yy format etc.)
- Class 8th mark sheet or Self Certificate for admission to the secondary course). Class 10th mark sheet for the senior secondary course.
- A valid Residence proof (such as Aadhaar Card with complete address printed on it, / Water Bill/Electricity Bill/ Ration Card/ valid Passport /Voter ID/ Indian Passport/Statement of Operational Bank Account/Appointment Letter from the Employer on Printed Letter Head, if living in rented accommodation – copy of any proof of permanent address along with present Rented Agreement)
- Caste/ Social Category Certificate (if a candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC social category).
- Ex-serviceman Certificate (if the candidate is an Ex-serviceman)
- Disability Certificate (in of disability)
- Fail mark sheet of previous Board, failing which Transfer of Credit (TOC) marks will not be updated in NIOS result. If TOC Board marked with (*Other) is selected, then the result should be available on the concerned Board Website else candidate has to submit a result verification letter from the concerned Board as per the norms of NIOS.
NIOS Admission- Documents
Studesnts who have applied though for NIOS admission can keep track of their application status online by login into the portal. Click Here to visit the login page.
Students after registring for NIOS, should strat preparing for the exam, and form the proper strategy get good marks in exam
NIOS Admission Some Important Instructions
- Application forms for Block I and II are currently available.
- Applicants have to apply only through online mode as no offline forms or another medium is available.
- Admission forms submitted without any supportive documents will not be accepted.
- There is no need to submit the hard copy application fee.
- Candidates are advised to provide only genuine information in the form and should also upload authentic documents. In case of any discrepancy in the information provided, conducting authority shall cancel the admission of the learners.
- NIOS normally confirms the admission by issuing identity cards to the learners. Learners are advised to check all the information in the ID card. Any discrepancy in it must be brought to the notice of concerned NIOS regional office.
- You can check your NIOS board result 2020
About National Institute of Open Schooling Admissions
National Institute of Open School formerly known as National Open School is an autonomous body under the Union Government of India. It was established in 1989 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. NIOS is the largest open schooling system in the world.
It is a national board that provides mainly distance education, regular education to all the rural and urban areas along with vocational education. It administers an examination for secondary i.e. 10th and higher secondary i.e. class 12th. NIOS provides flexibility w.r.t admission, choice of subject, examination, and on-demand education. NIOS release application forms and conduct exams twice a year.